- 0 student
- 43 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 42 hour duration
What is Informatica?
INFORMATICA is a Software development company, which offers data integration products. It offers products for ETL, data masking, data Quality, data replica, data virtualization, master data management, etc. Informatica Powercenter ETL/Data Integration tool is the most widely used tool and in the common term when we say Informatica, it refers to the Informatica PowerCenter tool for ETL.
Informatica Powercenter is used for Data integration. It offers the capability to connect & fetch data from different heterogeneous source and processing of data.
For example, you can connect to an SQL Server Database and Oracle Database both and can integrate the data into a third system.
Why do we need Informatica?
Informatica comes to the picture wherever we have a data system available and at the backend we want to perform certain operations on the data. It can be like cleaning up of data, modifying the data, etc. based on certain set of rules or simply loading of bulk data from one system to another.
Informatica offers a rich set of features like operations at row level on data, integration of data from multiple structured, semi-structured or unstructured systems, scheduling of data operation. It also has the feature of metadata, so the information about the process and data operations are also preserved.
- – What is ETL process?
- – Functions of ETL process.
- – Transformations Flow.
- – Why Informatica for ETL process?
- – Informatica Power Center Architecture
- – Informatica 10 – Client Tools
- – Introduction to Transformations
- – Source Qualifier Transformation
- – Data Types in Informatica
- – Connected and Unconnected Transformations
- – Expression Transformation
- – Functions
- – Filter Transformation
- – Differences between Filter and Router
- – Router Transformation
- – Sequence Generator Transformation
- – Sorter Transformation
- – Aggregator Transformation
- – Rank Transformation
- – Joiner Transformation
- – Lookup Transformation – Connected Lookup
- – Lookup Transformation – Unconnected Lookup
- – Lookup Transformation – Persistent Lookup Cache
- – Update Stratergy
- – Transaction Control Transformation
- – Transaction Control Example: How to generate multiple flat files dynamically
- – Union Transformation
- – Normalizer Transformation
- – Stored Procedure Transformation
- – How to use the Debugger
- – Workflow Manager Review
- – Event Wait
- – Event Raise
- – Timer / Control / Decision / Assignment Tasks
- – Email Task
- – Mapplets
- – Parameters
- – Parameters Scope in Parameter File
- – Variables
- – Scheduler and Scheduling Options
- – PMCMD
- – PMREP
- – INFACMD